Thursday 8 May 2008

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness



Former 'Coronation Street' actress Liz Dawn has spoken about how her life has changed since she was diagnosed with emphysema quintet age ago.
The 68-year-old actress told ITV's 'Tonight' that she was told by doctors that she only had one third of her lung capacity left.
Morning, wHO played Vera Duckworth in 'Coronation Street', late relinquish the render due to ill wellness.
She said: "I used to go to Granada and I used to go in the dressing room, and I'd be real breathless before I even did anything."
"And I got that badly, at the end that alternatively of soul knocking on the doorway and saying: 'It's your scene', I used to go on a scene before and sit down on the Duckworths' set."
Dawn also said that she throw in the towel smoke after her diagnosis: "When you're addicted to smoking it's really hard to diaphragm... I couldn't answer the telephone unless I lit up."
The actress said that she regretted smoking round non-smokers: "I have in mind there are a circle of non-smokers in 'Coronation Street' that I have stood next to and smoked. Must have been awful mustn't it?"
Dawn's doctor Professor Ashley Woodcock said: "Liz came to me about five long time ago really jolly desperate."
"At that point she could walk just now a couple of yards... she was in a rattling bad way."
"Fillet her smoke was actually critical and she did that... which has been great because she wouldn't be here now... if she hadn't stopped"